So I'm about to have my first research meeting for my final major project, and I'm pondering on some questions...
What is the key information I need to include in a DIY 3D handbook?
How in depth do I go? what do I include in the CARD versus the guidebook?
Within an MSc CARD, what else is important to include as opposed to simply data?
What should I be looking at as reading?
The technical report’s context in which it exists.
Ethics
1 Should we believe in 3D?
2 Do we know what we’re doing?
3 Will this enhance the gap between haves and have nots?
Ask so what?
Good evidence of thinking.
And note from after:
ReplyDeleteGrow my research to FIND the QUESTION
WHAT AM I REALLY ASKING
BECAUSE IM GETTING FEEDBACK TO TELL ME WHAT IM LOOKING FOR,
INVADE OTHERS SPACES. Question them, get out there.
people fear change, its not always good. revolution, evolution.
imagineer what this means. what should human beings be doing?
how different is this?
for directors this book will assume some things of its reader, and build a way of thinking about shooting in 3D as opposed to 2D
directors are storytellers, and navigators of immersion. this tool can be used to enhance these aspects of storytelling.
EDUCATION rather than MANUAL
bolt on to existing thinking?
What is the key information I need to include in a DIY 3D handbook?
why do we need a handbook?
what is the marketplace for this.
How in depth do I go? what do I include in the CARD versus the guidebook? What language do I use?
Within an MSc CARD, what else is important to include as opposed to simply data?
What should I be looking at as reading? (like ‘3D movie making’ and ‘the grammar of the shot’) Or something completely different. Where is the current literature to critique?
Where do I begin?
mention what i’m going to focus on, and what i’m not. show what i’ve looked at.
focal world - how to do versus what to do.
why are the stories changing? how are they changing?
cost, production.
The technical report’s context in which it exists.
Ethics
1 Should we believe in 3D?
2 Do we know what we’re doing?
3 Will this enhance the gap between haves and have nots?
4 Could this be used as an interrogation method?
5 Should I have a chapter on director’s use this as a subtle tool to enhance storytelling, or as a way of making more money by slapping ‘3D’ on it or retrofitting 3D as a marketing ploy?
Sight and Sound, BFI
are we changing the working practice of being a director?
Identity
In our research, what have we learned, and what are the things we haven’t? And does it even matter?
WARNING!
Good evidence of thinking.
Rave Live investment in questionnaire.
key element of how tested
the size and cope of that
iteration
different domain or extension of existing domain?
explore answers and reflect fully on them
is this and evolution or a revolution on how we do things?
are other people thinking in this way?
handbook, banal, moving into interesting research
are we sure your not just assuming?
whats changing for the director in 3D?
what sort of eduction would be appropriate for future 3D directors?
film school
sculpturists etc
people in pubs (random)
friends and family
what are the qualities of Imagineers? The talents of these people. space immersion etc. painting a space.
processing requires training, Apache helicopter, two eyes different information. takes time to train.
handbook----->research----->questionCARD